Now I'm stuck trying to get the promote scripts working -- there are lot's of examples to work from but every one seems to involve Buckminster calling ant calling Buckminster calling ant in a different feature. (Question: how many features do you need to build one deployable Eclipse site? Answer: everytime you ask yourself this question, n + 1.) For extra credit, some projects use ant to call buckminster in the first place. Of and of course a lot of the time we don't have calls at all, but mysterious indirect invocations from somewhere..mysterious. So I moved on to Unit testing and somehow managed to break the part of the build that was already working. Why am I finding this so hard?!?! I'm beginning to suspect that some people are good at this kind of thing, and I'm just not.
Anyway, due to popular demand (actually only one person asked) I've put together some more icons. You can download them here. See my post yesterday for details on how to use them. Here's the basic drill for customizing them:
- Get your Keynote out if you have it. If you don't you can do most of this in Preview.
- Grab some images from flickr. You want images that have very light consistent backgrounds. Don't forget to attribute them!
- Go nuts. You can use the instant alpha tool to get rid of the background. Then grab whatever icons you want, type some text, add shadows, etc..
- Copy the image into preview. (You can sometimes skip this step but it works best for sizing.)
- Copy that image into your icns file.
Want your own crappy custom icons? Happy to trade for help with my crummy build.
Mrs. Logic Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrs_logic/3556644715/
nomac*nolife Creative Commons Non-Commercial 2.0 http://www.flickr.com/photos/nomacnolife/1855209577/
Travis S. Creative Commons Non-Commercial 2.0 http://www.flickr.com/photos/baggis/524174723/